Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

[1217] i resolve


Girl power and what-not.
Another fantastic New Year's Eve party behind us. Between the fantastic new friends I made (Nate, Erin, Will) and the old friends I hadn't seen in for-eh-ver (Mo, Tremper), it was one for the record books. Plus, everyone's '90s costumes were amazical. Calling it a big time win.

No one could top Nate &
Will's Just Dance
performance.
I don't think I've made a New Year's resolution since 7th grade or so. I resolved to stop biting my nails, and it actually worked for nearly a year. But then they'd get long and I just felt like it was easier to bite 'em off than to cut 'em, so that habit's been back in full force for a while now. This year I've decided to give resolving another shot, albeit in a slightly different way.

Instead of making one sweeping resolution that I'm supposed to actually remember and take into account throughout the whole year, I'm going to attempt monthly resolutions--things I probably should be doing anyway.

So here's month one, and let's hope that I can remember to keep doing this. Happy 2012!

JANUARY 2012 RESOLUTIONS


To Read:
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
The Lost World by Michael Crichton
A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick


To Do:
Submit to 3 calls for papers
Thesis proposal
Spend more time at Back Bay
Buy some Gotye tunes



Doesn't his voice just make you want to cry?


2 comments:

Kristi P said...

If you need to borrow Jurassic Park, I've got it. Read it twice and it's great! Let me know if you need it, I can always bring it to work with me. :)

Corrigan said...

Thanks, Kristi! I actually already have it. It's been on my bedside table calling to me for months. :)