Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

[255] social netwhat?

Lately I have noticed that I am less a social networking enthusiast than I am a simple Internet addict and obsessive tweeter. As such, I revoke all ear-flicking privileges extended two posts ago as punishment for infrequent blogging. This doesn't mean I'm not going to TRY to post more, but let's just say I've had eight unread messages in my Facebook inbox for several weeks and have yet to make any plans to answer them. I'm sucking at this.
I am, however, a lean, mean, tweeting machine. While I thought that I would hate Twitter, I've gone beyond tolerating it to downright embracing it. I'm as surprised as you are, assuming you were even remotely surprised.
Anywho, I'm just thinking that maybe it's social media - not social networking - that gets me going. Also, Star Trek.
I was going to leave it at that, but I don't think I can. Have you seen it? Because, if you haven't, your life is only at a fraction of the satisfaction level it could be at right now. I'll give it to you that I've got the bias of having been a minor Trekkie my whole life. It's not just loyalty to the franchise, though. I mean, we all know J.J. Abrams knows how to make a good buck. Seriously. Raise your hand if you've been strapped to your sofa every Wednesday for the past several years for a certain island adventure - and I'm not talking reruns of Gilligan's Island on TV Land. Star Trek is just another example of J.J. knocking one out of the park. I laughed, I cried, I got really super nervous and chewed my thumb nail down to a bloody stub. Trust me, it's freakin' awesome. Next stop: Star Trek in IMAX with Kyo on Thursday.

2 comments:

The Future Mr. and Mrs said...

I loved that movie! I'm not a Star Trek fan OR a JJ Abrams fan so i was totally surprised by how good it was. I think i may need to watch an episode of the original show...

Steph said...

You know, I never gave the show a chance either...maybe for fear of being sucked in? lol.

thanks for the awesome website reference... i'm loving it already!