Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

[185] the chris brown & rihanna thing

In general, I try not to keep myself too up-to-date on who's dating who and all the drama of what VH1 cleverly dubbed, "celebreality." However, I, like many people I know, am fascinated/disgusted by this whole Chris Brown & Rihanna thing. As I mentioned on my Facebook status the other day, I was shocked that she went back to him after he hit her. At the time, I thought that was all that happened. He hit her. That was a big enough reason to me for her to leave him. Turns out, though, that that isn't the half of it.

Here's an excerpt from this article describing exactly what went down:

Robyn F. turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand. He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F.'s mouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle.
Brown looked at Robyn F. and stated, 'I'm going to beat the s--t out of you when we get home! You wait and see!' "
The detective said she then used her cell phone to call her personal assistant ... who did not answer.
Robyn F. pretended to talk to her and stated, 'I'm on my way home. Make sure the police are there when I get there.'
After Robyn F. faked the call, Brown looked at her and stated, 'You just did the stupidest thing ever! Now I'm really going to kill you!'


That's not even including the biting, the choking, the multiple headlocks, etc. that were all a part of this incident which started because she confronted him about a text message from an ex. Good God. Who goes back to this?

Well, the Anderson Cooper blog answered this question for me with this article: Why Rihanna would go back to Chris Brown.

Read it. Come to terms with it. Be sickened by it. This is what happens in the cycle of domestic abuse. Maybe the publicity and public outrage surrounding this incident might serve as a wake-up call to women who keep going back, or to friends and neighbors who sit by and watch thinking it's none of their business.

5 comments:

The Future Mr. and Mrs said...

That was an interesting article. Hopefully in this case, for once, celebreality can teach us a lesson.

Nicholas H said...

Woah, where's that picture from?

the CoR said...

I did a photo shoot or a documentary called "Sin By Silence" my junior year. This was one of the photos. Crazy huh? They had these Hollywood special fx makeup artists come in who usually do horror movie shoots.

Kent said...

in regards to the comment you left me, (having nothing to do with this post) just more proof that we must live near each other again! food, fun, and mom jeans!

Anonymous said...

Yikes ! Can't stand to even look at that picture of you.

With these victims, the emotional pain is x10 worse for them. Victims are seeking validation in all the wrong places.
Weezz