Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

[127] back to reality


Vacation has come to an end. It was a brilliant one, to be sure. I really can't complain of its ending, since it felt like I had more time than I actually did. Maybe it's the fact that I'm used to short spurts of a day or two here and there when I'll see Kyo that made it seem like I had a month with him this time, but whatever created that illusion, I'm grateful for it. It was a good time.

I saw several friends. I saw nine of my dad's ten siblings. I saw two of my four siblings. I saw my former RA staff. I saw more food than any girl could ever hope to eat, but did my darndest to attempt it.

On Monday, Kyo took me to the Blue Bayou at Disneyland. I've wanted to go there for the past five years. It lived up to my expectations. They even gave me a little candy doubloon. Now that's service.

As I've mentioned before, Kyo is an excellent amateur nurse, and once again his skills were put to the test when a migraine kicked the crap out of me on Saturday. I don't think there is a more attentive man on the face of this earth than Kyo Edmoundson. If I hadn't been in so much pain I was about to smother myself with my own pillow, I would certainly have been beaming with pride at my super awesome man. Air points.

It was wonderful to see the kiddies again today. They warm my heart. I showed them pictures of Gaucho and Kyo and Disneyland. They swooned at all three. "He looks pretty handsome to me," Katie says - in reference to Kyo, not the dog. The cuteness of those three little ones just never ceases.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Kyo is a good looking man. Just recall he had you and another girl after him in the beginning! You stuck to your guns and won the man of your heart! As for the Blue Bayou well I can only dream of finally eating there! I settle for that one place out side in between the haunted mansion and pirates.

Emil said...

haha...noone would ever cal gaucho handsome...except my sister maybe

carrie said...

Oh man.... the Blue Bayou is wonderful!
And I will only be in Asia for 8 days this time. (I'll be back for all the weddings, don't worry) But when I live there you guys will have to try to visit. Just like I need to come to Portland. Can I soon?

Kent said...

corrigan! i could use a friend to skype with! im (not) sorry to be a nag, but when we skypin?