Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

[108] winter


Last nite Emil and I journeyed into the city to see Andrew & Adam's band Brave Citizens at the Hawthorne Theater. It was so cold that the bands were wearing pea coats on stage, and Emil & I didn't even remove our gloves while standing in the crowd. Mind you, I use the term "crowd" loosely, as there were all of 25 or so brave souls who made the trek out of their warm homes for a nite of good music. I don't blame people for not showing. The roads were icy, the public transportation was shoddy, and by the time we parted ways with Andrew after a bite to eat at the Bagdad, it was a bone chilling 18 degrees out with a wind chill that threatened to suck the soul right out of our bodies. I have never seen Portland so completely devoid of all activity. It was like the rapture happened and Emil & I had picked the wrong side.

Anyway, as a result of my near freezing last nite, I decided to keep warm today and passed up Amos and Yarby's offer to go sledding with the Ungers, et al. Instead, I watched a couple episodes of What Not to Wear in the living room, then moved to my room where I've been watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix pretty much ever since. Not a bad way to spend a day, if you ask me. And even if you don't ask me, it's my blog, so tough.

Three days till Orange County. It's going to be so weird going from snow to SoCal. I may die of shock.

5 comments:

Emil said...

18 degree weather is a good wake up call for your walk with Christ :)

.heidi.noelle. said...

In regards to your last statement...yes you may, but I hope you don't :)

Jon V. said...

There is currently snow on Saddleback Mountain. :)

Jay said...

lol no it won't it's been snowing here haha. Ahh you and TLC I think whenever I watch that channel that you are as well and it creeps me out.

shannon mccloskey said...

i am adding your link to my blog. i like your stuff little lady. i hope you're doing well!