Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

[81] matching hearts


Kyo and I both wore our Threadless heart t-shirts today while chatting. It was an excellent Skype session filled with Lolcats and Wilfred Brimley "diabeetus" remixes. The one to the tune of Falco's "Amadeus" was by far my favorite. I laughed so hard I cried. And Kyo laughed my favorite laugh - the one that bursts from his open mouth like it has a mind of its own, completely beyond his control.

We're made for each other, he and I. I'm sitting here in my bed listening to Tom Waits, a shared favorite of ours, and I can't help but feel like I couldn't possibly be happier with anyone else. I've never been one to believe that there's only one possible person out there for everyone, but sometimes I think, well, maybe there was just one for me after all.

No one else makes me laugh like him. No one else keeps me engaged in conversation for as long. No one else indulges my stupid routines like watching Jeopardy (or AFV on Sundays when Jeopardy's not on) or doing the daily crossword. No one else buys roses for my single friends so they feel loved, or bakes pizza for my RA staff just because I mention they like pizza, or flies up to see me every month simply to be able to hold my hand. No one but him.

I think I'll keep him.

3 comments:

Jay said...

good call.

Emil said...

he's not that great :) jk....i love you kyo (not really)

Kyle Ray Booterbaugh said...

Ain't love grand!