Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

day two

It was a 9 to 5 day, but a good one. The kids were phenomenal. The picture above was taken by Katie, the nearly-six-year-old. Her sister Nikki was on my shoulders, but Katie apparently didn't see fit to include her in the picture.

I really love the family I work for. They're truly amazing and they make me feel incredibly appreciated. Sure, I'm not the biggest fan of waking up in the morning, but if I'm gonna do it for anything, this is the best reason I can think of.

We used our gym passes for the first time tonite and it felt marvelous. I hate being sedentary, but, on the other hand, I also hate exercise. Kind of a catch-22. I'm trying to fix it.

Tomorrow I will be meeting the nice people at Nikki's pre-school in the morning - a precautionary measure so's to not cause alarm when a random black girl attempts to pick her up at the end of the day.

2 comments:

James said...

Some guys I have breakfast with from my church didn't know I had a black brother in-law.

Aside from him going to a church, I thought it interesting how that was not known.


And aside from all of that, I'm still freaking excited for the day I get nieces and nephews.

James said...

*to a different church.