Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

day twenty-seven


The concept of having some measure of responsibility for children in the wee hours of the nite apparently stresses me out to the point where I can't sleep. On top of this, the kids began their waking at 4am, the last one sleeping in until 6:00. It was rough.

Upon arriving back home, I almost immediately headed back out with the girls to Portland for some exploring. We did some of the usual spots like Powell's and the Waterfront, and switched it up a bit with a little Saturday Market action and a haunted pizza place called Old Town Pizza. If you're every in Portland, I give this place as many stars as it is possible to give a food establishment. Most of those stars are for atmosphere. The pizza's good, but the atmosphere is awesome.

The crew just headed out for a little karaoke. I, needless to say, am a little too tired for that.

On a more melancholy note, dear Paul Newman has shed this mortal coil. I think it's safe to say that this is a sad day for just about every American. Paul Newman embodied everything that's good and pure about Hollywood. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

No comments: