Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

day thirty


I must say, I'm pretty pleased with myself. I managed to write every single day for a month. I make no promises about such faithful blogging from this point forward, but I will try to press on with at least comparable frequency.

I bled a lot at the dentist today.

Because of this, my dentist recommended I allow her to put amalgam - rather than composite - fillings in my mouth. It was a bit of an internal struggle for me. I have a tendency to open my mouth pretty wide and the last thing I want is to look like Lil' John's less successful sister. However, I decided that Dr. Berg knows best and allowed it. The plus side is that these unsightly things are a crapload cheaper than the composite fillings. The downside, though, is that, so far, putting anything cold in my mouth hurts like a bitch. I mean, seriously. Like an angry, female dog who decided to orally maim me for stealing one of her pups.

My dear dentist did give me sealants for free today, so I can't help but be glad about that. Plus, that whole office has been bending over backwards to figure out how to get part of my upcoming (dental) implant surgery paid for by the Gentle Dental organization, and for that I am incredibly grateful.

Every time I write Gentle Dental, I write "gental." Things should not be allowed to rhyme that aren't spelled similarly.

No comments: