Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

day thirteen

I've never considered myself cool enough to hang around in coffee shops for extended periods of time. Yesterday I managed all of ten minutes in the Barnes & Noble Starbucks and felt quite accomplished. Today, however, I was gripped by the feeling that, if I'm going to go to the trouble in the morning of adorning my finger with this opulent diamond, I should really justify it by at least leaving the house. It just seems weird, after all, to put on jewelry with no intention of going anywhere beyond the mailbox. So, when Yarby invited me along on her near daily trek to Bella - a coffee house in the ritzy Streets of Tanasbourne - I decided I should tag along. It was actually quite nice, although the teenage boys manning the store on this particular occasion were blasting some ambiance-shattering screamo music. That setback aside, I'd certainly do it again should the invitation be extended.

We later attempted a much-needed work out session at Bally, but realized upon arriving that it's Saturday and they closed at 7:00. It was 6:44.

Instead, we went to Dairy Queen.

No comments: