Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

day seven

I missed the church picnic today because I realized I would've had to get on the bus to leave for work as soon as I got there due to the irregular Sunday bus schedule. Epic fail.

Fortunately, Hillary and Emily made some friends in my absence and they have promised to have them (over) for Tuesday Night Breakfast next week. This week's TNB, however, is an elite affair. It is my birthday breakfast, and that must take priority over entertaining new guests. Call me self-centered, but, dammit, it's all about me.

I'm kidding, by the way.

The girls made a birthday cake for me today. I think they ended up wearing more of it than they ate. It was hard to tell, though, whether it was the chocolate cake or the inexplicable amount of magic marker staining Nikki's face that looked most obtrusive.

I put In the Name of the Father in the mailbox today. I hope that whatever Netflix sends me next is happier. I could peek at my queue, but I can't help but relish the surprise.

No comments: