Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

day one

Arbitrarily, I have decided that today is the first day of the rest of my life. Arguably, this could be said of every day in which I wake up. I am aware of that fact. Nonetheless, I've made my decision. Today is day one.

On this first day, I slept in nice and late. I tooled around on the Internet for a bit, then went grocery shopping. After all, I'm a big kid now. Gotta make sure I'm fed and fed well.

Trader Joe's was followed by a trip to Bally Fitness where Emil and I secured gym memberships for a paltry $19 a month thanks to a helpful employee named Tim and our incredibly common last names. I won't go into detail as to how those worked to our advantage lest it be discovered that the method was terribly illegal. Fearing for Tim's job, I asked if he would get in trouble for this deal. "Nah," he replied. "They make it easy for a reason." Fair enough. Who am I to press the issue any further?

Now I'm winding down the day with a bit of Anthony Bourdain. It's bed for me early tonite since tomorrow is a work day. Eight days until I'm 23. I think I'll feel more adult then. I'm damn near sure of it.

No comments: