Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

day nineteen

Katie turned six today. She lamented to me the fact that she didn't feel any different than she did when she was five and a half. I can commiserate. I have felt that way many a time. Oddly, though, twenty-three does feel quite different than twenty-two - and certainly worlds different from five and a half (though there are similarities). I think it's the way it sounds. That three thrown in the mix changes everything.

Emil and I decided to be real people and at least go somewhere on our Friday nite. We went to L&L for some Hawaiian grub, and followed that with a trip to Powell's. We were then rejected by not one, but two different bus drivers trying to catch a ride to the Beaverton Transit Center. Normally the bus drivers around here are pretty legit, but I guess it was d-bag nite here in Zone 3 of the TriMet system.

I'm exhausted, but we are forcing ourselves to stay awake and watch Hard Candy. NetFlix is detrimental to sleep patterns. However, I stayed up reading till 3:30am, so I think that I am just detrimental to my sleep patterns.

No comments: