Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

day fourteen

My MacBook and I have been bonding today. I have been diligently working to accomplish all of the things that theknot.com tells me are of the utmost importance at this point in the planning process - wedding website, registries, location scouting, and the like. It's a bit of a headache.

The part of me that loves to be one step ahead of everything enjoys the meticulous planning and daydreaming involved in all of this. I think, though, that it's probably that very same forward-thinking aspect of my personality that is annoyed that nothing can be set in stone just yet. As much as I like a good surprise, I am also a big proponent of predictability in certain cases. Anything that is going to require great time and effort from me falls under the latter category.

Don't get me the wrong idea about my day, though. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So I've punctuated my obsessive-compulsive planning with a few episodes of Gossip Girl and several viewings of my new favorite viral video, Jesus is My Friend. It does a body good.

No comments: